School Nutrition Policy
- Children are to be provided with healthy sandwiches and are not to bring glass containers or bottles to School. Fruit squashes, snack packets, sweets and junk food will not be allowed. In line with school policy, we encourage fruit, water and diluted fruit juice.
- The school, together with parents, has a responsibility to educate students about nutrition.
The San Andrea School canteen should be established to benefit children:
- by making it possible for children to buy nutritious and healthy food at competitive prices during the school day;
- by making it easier for children to buy lunch within the school grounds.
- through providing experiences of a variety of foods and dishes
- so that they support the skills and knowledge learnt in the classroom about food and nutrition
- through having the opportunity to be involved in decision making procedures at the school.