The Ethos of San Andrea School:
- San Andrea School is a fully inclusive school irrespective of ability, race, class or creed.
- School must be a happy environment. Children, staff and parents must feel confident and feel a sense of belonging.
- Each child will be encouraged to become independent and responsible, taking an active part in his or her own learning. Emphasis will be placed on the development of self discipline and personal organisation.
- The School aims to develop competence. Each child will be treated as an individual and will be encouraged to strive for excellence so as to realise his or her full potential in all areas of the curriculum. The main emphasis will be on the nurturing of the child's inquisitive mind so as to develop effective learning skills and healthy attitudes towards research and learning.
- Each child will receive a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum ensuring progress and continuity within and between schools. Each child will have equal access to all aspects of the curriculum.
- Pupils' thoughts, ideas and suggestions will be encouraged, accepted and valued.
- Through all of its practices, San Andrea School is committed to develop in children a caring nature, responsive to other people's needs; to respect others whatever their colour or creed; to work in co-operation developing tolerance and understanding - thus underpinning a child's' spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
- Each child will be encouraged to develop healthy habits and life skills through personal and social education aided by various aspects of physical education.
- Each child will be provided with a stimulating and aesthetic environment to encourage the development of an enquiring mind and to foster enthusiasm, excitement and interest in learning.
- Staff, governors and parents will work together as a team to ensure that the right climate is provided in which children can thrive.
- Parents will be kept informed about their children at regular intervals but immediate communication will always be possible.
Through all the above, San Andrea School strives to provide the best education for each individual student under its care.
We are pleased to note that following a familiarisation visit to our school in January 2009 by officers from the Directorate of Quality Assurance (Education Division) we recieved the following letter .